1st Annual Cranbrook Academy of Art PrintMedia Magnetic Print Exchange
Theme: “Push-Pull: The Mechanics of Making”
1) Any EDITIONABLE printmaking technique may be used (woodcuts, litho, silkscreen, intaglio, photography, etc) DO NOT send monotypes/monoprints. Each of the prints should be same
2) Print should be printed on flat, smoothed backed mountable substrate and measure 2″ x 3″
The flatter the better, as they will be mounted to magnets–The Cranbrook PrintMedia Dept. will take care of the magnetization of your prints!
3) 14 identical prints should be sent to the address below
4) Include the following info with your prints on a separate sheet of paper
>Your return address
>Optional: e-mail address to be contacted about future Bolton Gallery shows/exchanges
5) Fees to cover return shipping, magnets, and materials
>$6 US residents
ENTRIES DUE: Monday, April 14, 2008
After receiving everyone’s prints, the Cranbrook PrintMedia Dept. will randomly divide the magnets and you will be sent 12 new and different prints from other participants. We will keep one complete set for our dept. refrigerator and the other will be archived and displayed in a show in our gallery.
The show will open in the Bolton Gallery Friday, April 26
Send prints to:
Cranbrook Academy of Art
39221 Woodward Ave.
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
Any questions e-mail: email@example.com